- "This is our ticket outta here!"
- ―(Iron Man) Tony Stark to Ho Yinsen about the Mark I.
The Mark I (Mark 1), is the first Iron Man suit built and created by Tony Stark. It was built in the initial events of the live-action film, Iron Man. The suit was later used as a model for Obadiah Stane's Iron Monger...
It was featured in the movie Iron Man, and first appeared when Tony and Ho Yinsen were held captive by the terrorist group known as the Ten Rings. While they were held captive, Tony and Yinsen devised a plan. In the cave, they created blueprints for the Mark I.
The suit has several notable functionalities and weapons. It is equipped with a Manually Deployed Rocket Launcher, a Flamethrower mounted on each arm, Jet Boots equipped in its soles, an exposed Internal System attached to its back, and the very first Miniature Arc Reactor in the center of its chest. This reactor powers the entire suit. Later, Tony created an upgraded version that would power almost every other suit to date.
The Mark I very boxy especially on the front and sides. This is due to the fact that Tony had limited resources when constructing the armor. It was actually built from Jericho missile parts. Tony didn't have the resources or money to build highly advanced suits. The suit had a pointed chest plate and curved helmet. It is composed of an iron-copper-magnesium alloy, giving it decent resistance against small fire arms.
The Mark I only has one special feature.
- Jet Boots:
The suit features Jet Boots with limited flight capabilities as the armor has no aerodynamic control. The jets are fueled by solid-state rocket fuel salvaged from the scrap missiles propulsion systems, which run out shortly after Stark escapes the explosion.
The Mark I has no special or notable systems, aside from the basic programming, internal systems and power the armor needed for movement and use of weapons.
The armor's pieces are composed of a crude metal alloy. A leather suit is worn under the heavy armor by Tony.
- Superhuman Physiology
- Enhanced Physiology
- Superhuman Strength: The armor greatly increased Stark's strength and durability, enabling him to overpower armed terrorists and survive an aerial impact with the ground after escaping. The suit was powered by a small electric motor that is partially exposed at the suit's lower back. The engine powered a pair of external, belt driven mechanisms in the suit's legs that helped support the vast weight of the metal suit. Similar mechanisms in the suit's arms and legs helped Stark to move around while wearing the armor and amplified the strength behind his movements, allowing him to throw punches that could destroy a heavy metal door, knock human enemies back several feet, and partially embedded his arm in a cave wall. Wrapping his hands with tape and the thick welding gloves prevented his hands from breaking on the impact.
- Superhuman Strength: Multiple layers of durable metal salvaged from missile casings made the armor impervious to medium caliber firearms and reinforced its physical attacks. Because the armor only covered a majority of the vital areas to keep from becoming too cumbersome, Stark wore the thick pants, leather jacket, hand wraps and gloves that he used for welding and molten metalwork, underneath the armor as added protection and insulation against the heat from the suit's flamethrowers.
- Flight: While not capable of sustained flight, and likely incapable of handling upper atmosphere temperatures even if it was, the armor was capable of limited flight through single-fire rocket thrusters located on the back of each leg, enabling him to escape during the destruction of the Ten Rings' camp.
- Flamethrower: The armor has flamethrowers mounted on the right arm. The device is fueled by small gas tanks behind it. When the gas is ignited by a flame through manual control, it creates a very destructive flame-thrower.
- Manually-Deployed Missiles: The armor has mounted on each arm missiles along with one single-shot missile concealed in the left arm.
- Electro-Magnetic Gloves
In a life changing moment, Tony Stark was attacked and captured by terrorists, named The Ten Rings. While being held captive, Tony was forced to build a Jericho missile for them.
With the help of Ho Yinsen, Tony instead builds the Mark I suit. With time running out, Yinsen sacrifices himself to allow Tony time to bring the suit online. Once it is, Tony fights his way out, killing many members of the Ten Rings and destroying their weapons stockpile. As the stockpile explodes, Tony flies off in the Mark I but it crashes in the desert and is destroyed. A few weeks later, he builds the Mark II Armor. The suit has better weapons systems and propulsion. It has no computer systems inside.
The Mark I is highly resistant to damage, easily shrugging off small arms fire, such as 5.56 and 7.62, however, it appears to have trouble with higher calibers such as 12.7. It also appears that due to gaps in protection, small arms can disable it. It can even withstand a missile strike. The suit is later reduced to pieces after Stark ends up crashing to the ground. The suit has no control over its flight. After Stark's escape, the Ten Rings recover the pieces and reassemble the suit.
The Ten Rings give the Mark I to Obadiah Stane. Later Stane upgrades the armor to combat Tony's Mark III. Obadiah calls the upgraded the Iron Monger. The Iron Monger was defeated, and Obadiah was killed.
The Mark I Armor was very first appeared in the Level 5 - Rebooted Resuited. There is a laser that will come to the top and will kill the player. To do this, the player needs to control Captain America, then the player has to activate the shield in order to avoid the beam. The beam will reflect to the laser and it will destroyed (needs 3 times)
Once the player destroyed the laser, build the control panel to control the drone. Fly the drone to the blue icon. Once it is done, now the player can get the Mark I.
The Mark I can be unlocked if the player completes the level.
The Mark I Armor can be unlocked located at the Malibu Mansion. It is located at the basement, to do this. The player needs to control Scarlet Witch, there is an object that can be controlled by telekinesis powers. The player needs to control the object and smash to the ground so the parts are scrambled. Then the player builds the lever and activate the lever.
Once it is activated, the Mark I is unlocked and it is obtained to the player. Marvel's The Avengers: Iron Man - Mark VII
The armor appears in the beginning and throughout this game in the Hall of Armors next to the Marks II, III, IV, V, and VI.
- The Mark I is the first Iron Man Armor to be created by Tony Stark.
- The Mark I has been destroyed on film 3 times (twice in Iron Man, and once in Iron Man 3), and rebuilt twice.
- The Mark I Suit's suit was used by Obadiah Stone to build his version of the armour.
- This is the first and only armor to be equipped and armed with a Flamethrower.
- The Mark I is one of the heaviest armors in existence.
- The Mark I was never featured in Iron Man 3 - The Official Game.
- The Mark I armour did not have any repulsors.
- But strangely, in Lego Marvel Superheroes. The Mark I can shoot rockets, it was meant to not have repulsors.
- The Mark I is the only armor that can't fly in Lego Marvel Superheroes.
- There are no References to display.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 85:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45 • Mark 46 • Mark 47 • Mark 48 • Mark 49 • Mark 50 • Mark 51-84 • Mark 85
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor • War Machine Armor Mark III • War Machine Armor Mark IV • War Machine Armor Mark V • War Machine Armor Mark VI • War Machine Armor Mark VII|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones • 17A|