- J.A.R.V.I.S.: "Test complete. Preparing to power down and begin diagnostics..."
- Tony Stark: "Uh, yeah, tell you what. Do a weather and ATC check, start listening in on ground control."
- ―(Iron Man) J.A.R.V.I.S. and Tony Stark while testing the Mark II.
It was constructed as a prototype with an emphasis on exploring flight potential. As the first suit of Iron Man Armor built at Stark Industries, the Mark II armor features new technology compared to the effective but crude Mark I armor. It was soon replaced by the Mark III armor after its initial flight testing revealed its inability to reach the higher atmosphere due to the build up of ice.
The Mark II features a basic metallic silver color scheme overall and throughout.
- Flaps: The Mark II has steel flaps which are used for breaking air speed when flying or traveling in the air.
- Stabilizers: The Mark II has ailerons and flaps built into the legs and shoulders to increase flight stability. These features become more concealed within the armor in later versions of the suit.
- Thruster Systems
- Flight Systems
- Other Features
The Mark II features a variety of new systems.
- JARVIS AI.OS: JARVIS is integrated into the armor, allowing him to control the suit's systems, manage the rest of the armor's functionalities, and assist Tony when using the armor.
- Other Systems
The armor is composed of a light and strong chromed titanium steel alloy that is completely resistant to gunfire and can even endure crashes and attacks from destructive weapons.
- Enhanced Physiology
- Superhuman Physiology
- SuperhumanStrength: As a perfected version of the Iron Man Armor, the Mark II enables its user to have superhuman strength. Through the armor, the user is capable of lifting very heavy objects as well as enhancing the user's combat abilities.
- Superhuman Durability
- Flight: Although this feature has become a regular ability for all succeeding armors, the Mark II is the first to be able to achieve sustained flight. Using the Repulsors in the hands and feet, the armor can attain flight and fly at high speeds. The Repulsors are a key part to the armor's flight as they are the factor that stabilizes the armor during flight or when hovering.
The Mark II features a new arsenal with different types of weapons.
- Repulsors: The Mark II has standard repulsors, which were used mainly for flight power and stability. Despite this, as shown when Rhodey stole it, they could be used for battle.
- Unibeam: The Mark II has a standard Unibeam, and has a whitish blue glow coming from the Unibeam's power source. The Mark II is powered by the Palladium Arc Reactor Mark II.
The Mark II armor was first constructed by Tony Stark after escaping the Ten Rings. This iteration of the suit was much more streamlined than the Mark I with more focus on flight. The suit was taken on its first flight, where it was discovered it had a problem with freezing at high altitudes. This issue was solved with a refined titanium-gold alloy used in the Mark III armor and above.
After the altercation at Stark Industries, Tony stored the Mark II armor in his private workshop, and fitted it with its own Arc Reactor so as not to drain power from his personal reactor.
Tony becomes drunk at what he believes to be his last ever birthday party while in the Iron Man Mark IV armor. Tired with Stark's child-like behavior, James Rhodes steals the Mark II and battles Tony, demolishing several rooms in his house. Rhodes then delivers it to the US Air Force, who with the help of Justin Hammer customizes and weaponizes it, transforming it into the War Machine Armor.
After recovering the Mark II armor and stripping it of all Hammer tech and weaponry, the armor can be seen in its original form in the original Hall of Armors in Tony's garage, along with Marks I, III, IV, V, VI, and VII. It is later destroyed after the Mandarin's forces destroy Tony's Malibu house by demolishing it with missiles.
Iron Man (video game)
Tony constructed the Mark II upon his return to America. During his initial flight and combat training, the Maggia Crime Syndicate attacked Stark Industries, angry at the shut-down of the Weapons Development Division. Using the Mark II, Stark fought them off until they hijacked a prototype Stark Gunship, which Tony shot down. The Mark II can be unlocked later, and is the fastest suit in the game.
The Mark II makes an appearance in the interactive comic app when Tony creates it and gives it a test flight, which was based on the same scene found in the first Iron Man film.
- The Mark II is the first and only armor to feature a pure silver color design on its armor plating, since it has not been painted with any color.
- Despite being made of lightweight materials, the Mark II armor is demonstrable heavier than future armors, as Tony ended up crashing through several floors of his home after landing only a few feet on the roof.
- In Iron Man, the Mark II armor never demonstrates the use of any weapons. The armor had not been fitted with any offensive weapons as it had been developed purely to test the level of sophistication and improvements over the Mark I armor. In Iron Man 2, James Rhodes utilizes a Unibeam attack while wearing the Mark II armor, though it is unknown if the armor always possessed this function or it had been modified to incorporate it later.
- This armor's composition is made out of some of the strongest metals on earth - chromium, titanium and steel.
- There are no References to dsiplay.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 85:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45 • Mark 46 • Mark 47 • Mark 48 • Mark 49 • Mark 50 • Mark 51-84 • Mark 85
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor • War Machine Armor Mark III • War Machine Armor Mark IV • War Machine Armor Mark V • War Machine Armor Mark VI • War Machine Armor Mark VII|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones • 17A|