- "Okay, give me a smooch for good luck, I might not make it back!"
- ―(Iron Man 2) Tony Stark to Pepper Potts before jumping out of the plane using the Mark IV.
The armor differs only slightly from it's predecessor, with only cosmetic changes to the armor plating, and a few changes in the capabilities of the armor itself.
- 1 Armor Data
- 2 History
- 3 Other Media
- 4 Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 External Links
The Mark IV has little difference in design compared to the Mark III. Some include redesigns of the armor platings, and the change of the new chest piece with the new Palladium Arc Reactor Mark III.
It has the red and gold color scheme on it's overall armor design, and is more refined and edged especially in the body and leg pieces.
The Mark IV has various features.
- Flight Systems
- Thruster Systems
- Filtration System
- Resistances And Immunities
- Other Features
- Self-Contained Life-Support System and Environmental Protection
The Mark IV has various systems.
- J.A.R.V.I.S OS / AI: JARVIS is integrated into the armor to assist Stark when using the armor. J.A.R.V.I.S also manages the suit's condition and systems during use.
- Hud System
- Other Systems
The armor is composed of a strong titanium-gold alloy.
- Enhanced Physiology
- Superhuman Physiology
- Repulsors: The Mark IV has standard based Repulsors.
- Unibeam: The Mark IV has the standard Unibeam and is powered by the new Palladium Arc Reactor Mark III.
- Smart Micro-Guns: The Mark IV carries the same shoulder-mounted guns as the Mark III.
- Missiles: There are missiles on each forearm
- Flares: The armor carries the same standard flares as its predecessor's. They are equipped in the same areas of the armor, such as the legs and hips.
Before Iron Man 2
The Mark IV was created by Tony Stark sometime after Stark's revelation as Iron Man. Designed to succeed the older, damaged Mark III model, the armor features a slightly different design from it's predecessor, having a more streamlined appearance and edged armor plates.
Stark Expo Demonstration
Stark used the armor to jump out of a plane for his entrance at the Stark Expo opening. Upon landing, the armor's pieces are detached off him by mechanical arms that keep the armor under the stage.
Armor in a Party
Stark later got drunk in the armor at his birthday party because of the radiation from the Arc reactor killing him and, believing that day to be his last, decided to enjoy it.
This lead to Rhodes stealing the Mark II from the armory. The two fought and damaged much of Tony's house. The suit was replaced with the Mark VI as a solution to the Arc Reactor's palladium poisoning.
The Mark XLII's Tests and Damage
While testing the assembly of the Mark XLII armor, Tony dodges a segment flying at him at high speed, and it smashes into the display case of the Mark IV, damaging the armor's helmet.
The Mark IV was destroyed in the attack on Tony's mansion in Malibu, exploding after missiles hit the armor from the helicopters along with the suits in the Hall of Armors.
The Mark IV is a playable armor in Iron Man 3 - The Official Game. It has a Score Multiplier of x2.5, and is categorized under the Striker Missile section featuring the same ability. It is the 3rd weakest armor in the Striker Missile category and the 7th weakest armor in the game. It was also available during the game's pre-release in the mobile markets.
- The Mark IV appeared in Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3.
- The Mark IV is the fourth Iron Man Armor created by Tony Stark.
- The Mark IV is the successor of the Mark III.
- The Mark IV is the first armor to be powered by the new Palladium Arc Reactor Mark III.
|Iron Man Armors
|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 85:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45 • Mark 46 • Mark 47 • Mark 48 • Mark 49 • Mark 50 • Mark 51-84 • Mark 85
|War Machine Armors
||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor • War Machine Armor Mark III • War Machine Armor Mark IV • War Machine Armor Mark V • War Machine Armor Mark VI • War Machine Armor Mark VII|
||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones • 17A|