- "Sentry mode!"
- ―(Avengers: Age of Ultron) Tony Stark ordering the Mark XLIII to go on Sentry Mode.
The Mark XLIII (Mark 43) is the forty-third Iron Man Armor created by Tony Stark and is the almost perfected version of the Mark XLII. The armor was created sometime before Age of Ultron, and has been used by Tony in various battles and missions.
- 1 Armor Data
- 2 History
- 3 Other Media
- 4 Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 External Links
The armor has thicker plating compared to its predecessor, Mark XLII. The Mark XLIII armor features three colors: dark red, silver and gold. The colors are painted on the plates of the armor and each have specific areas and designations on the armors' pieces. The Mark XLIII's color design is mostly inverted from that of its predecessor, featuring more red plates than gold and the red having a slightly darker hue.
- Collapsible Plating : A design adapted from the Mark V and Mark VII, the armor plating could open and close up from head to toe and allow the user to seamless step in and out of the suit at will.
Much like the Mark XLII, the MK XLIII has an autonomous prehensile function. A new feature that this armor has is Sentry Mode, which allows the armor to guard Tony while he is near it. Another feature is Infrared Scan, that allows Stark to see through walls. The Mark XLIII also has thrusters equipped on its back.
- Tactical Weaponry: This armor is designed to be equipped with new Stark-based Technology. It offers a much more powerful version of weaponry than most of the other previous armors.
- Remote Command
- Lightweight: This armor was built to be lighter than the usual Iron Man suit to help enhance its speed, agility, and prehensile systems.
- Upgraded Armor Separation
- Self Repair
- Upgraded Thruster Systems
- Flight Systems
- Self-Contained Life-Support System and Environmental Protection: The armor can be submerged underwater without ill effects.
- Other Features
- Light System
- Advanced Donning System: The Mark XLIII, along with all the other newly built Mark suits, uses a more advanced technology that was based off on the Mark VII's technology, which is able to build itself around Tony's body, without the aid of robotic arms or any external mechanicals. It can flexibly open itself to allow Tony to enter into the suit and automatically build itself around him, anywhere at anytime, much like the Mark XLII's technology and the other newly built Mark suits'.
- Prehensility: (Advanced Autonomic Prehensile Propulsion Technology) Based on the same technology of the Mark XLII, the Mark XLIII's prehensile tech is the perfected version of the former. .Similar to the Mark XLII, the Mark XLIII parts also attaches to an authorized user when summoned, such as when Tony Stark summoned this armor's right forearm gauntlet to safely retrieve Loki's Scepter from behind an energy field during a raid on a HYDRA base in Sokovia. Various parts were also shown to attach to Tony during the activation of Vision.
- J.A.R.V.I.S OS / AI: JARVIS is integrated into the armor to assist Stark when using the armor. J.A.R.V.I.S also manages the suit's condition and systems during use.
Later on in the movie (Age of Ultron) Tony Stark switches his A.I. to F.R.I.D.A.Y since J.A.R.V.I.S's operational matrix had been re-configured to be integrated into The Vision.
- HUD:Heads Up Display
- Other FeaturesD
The Mark XLIII is composed of a Gold-Titanium alloy.
- Enhanced Physical Abilities(Capability)
- Superhuman Physiology: The armor amplifies its pilot's strength to superhuman levels, enough for Tony Stark to battle and eventually overpower Ultron in his early bodies.The armor gives its user superhuman durability, allowing it and its user to remain completely bulletproof, while also withstanding explosions or even energy blasts such as those used in HYDRA's weapons or in Ultron's concussive beams.
- Extreme Flight
- Prehensility: (Advanced Autonomic Prehensile propulsion Technology) Based on the same technology of the Mark XLII, the Mark XLIII's prehensile tech is the perfected version of the former. Like it's predecessor, the armor's pieces can attach itself to Stark through his command and completely attach onto him until the full Mark XLIII is formed.
- Sentry Mode: This voice-activated feature enables J.A.R.V.I.S. to remotely operate the suit and stand guard on the location when the user is out from the suit, such as when Tony Stark needed to hack into HYDRA's servers in Sokovia.
- Infra-Red Scanners: The Mark XLIII Armor enabled Tony to see through the walls of the HYDRA Research Base in Sokovia so as to locate the shield generator that was guarding the base. This allowed him to use his anti-armor missile to destroy the mechanism from the outside.
- Resistances And Immunities
- Other Features
- Repulsors: The Mark XLIII is equipped with the latest version of the Iron Man Repulsor weapons. The repulsors have an instantaneous firing speed, and are powerful to knock out and even kill.Plasma-based Particles that fuse together to create directed energy Lasers.The palm-mounted Repulsors assist with flight operation, providing lift and positive flight control, but also possess offensive functionality; firing high-density beams of highly-charged muons for a concussive attack. It is capable of blasting through 3 feet of concrete.
- Unibeam: (Plasma-penetrating unibeam) The armor features a powerful Unibeam, just like the rest of the Iron Man Armors.
- Smart Micro-Guns: The Mark XLIII is also equipped with shoulder mounted guns. These guns can fire 12 mini missiles,or lethal(non-lethal)projectiles(bullets). They were used during the Duel of Wakanda, when Iron Man fired two of the mini missiles at Ultron, severely damaging his flight systems.
- Missiles: The new iron man suit comes equipped with missiles capable of penetrating fortified structures. They also prove to be very effective against Ultron's pre-Vibranium body during their fight in Sokovia. Stark also used a missile to bypass the shielding during the HYDRA base raid, penetrating the building and allowing him to shut down the shield generators.
- Flash-Bang: Like mark 42, this armor contained a detachable flash bang.
- Flares: The armor also contained numerous infrared flares, another feature common with its predecessors. The flares can be used as a weapon or as a distraction.
Before the Age of Ultron
Sometime after the Battle of Norco, Tony wanted to perfect the prototype version of his late Mark XLII armor. So he presumably took the former suit's blueprints and began working on a new design for the 42's successor.
Over time, the armor was built and eventually finished. Based on it's predecessor, the armor was very similar in appearance to 42, with slight changes in a few armors, and the brand new color scheme; featuring dark red as the predominant color with golden plates.
Raiding the HYDRA Base
Tony used the Mark XLIII in their mission to raid HYDRA's Base located in Sokovia, together with the Avengers. When the team arrived, a battle ensued between both sides as Baron Strucker pushed his HYDRA's forces against the Avengers. During the raid Tony took out countless HYDRA forces with the Mark XLIII, firing it's Repulsors against them and using hand-to-hand combat, punching and throwing soldiers around for the other Avengers to take care of. Tony infiltrated the base and used the prehensile propulsion technology to summon a gauntlet so that he could collect the sceptre.
Wakanda and Duel Against Ultron
After Tony Stark realizing Ultron's plan, without haste, he travelled to Salvage Yard in Wakanda, Africa along with the Avengers. in a ship, containing supplies of vibranium supplied by Ulysses Klaw, Iron Man had his first confrontation of Ultron Prime, he asked what was the vibranium Ultron wants for, yet Ultron took this chance "to explain his evil plan". A fight emerges, yet taken outside the ship where they met, and continued their battle in the sky, while the remaining Avengers except Hulk try to defeat their new foes (turned allies), Wanda and Pietro Maximoff.
Eventually, the remaining Avengers were overpowered by the twins, except Hawkeye who was the only one not taken down. Iron Man, unaware of the defeated Avengers, had finally taken down Ultron on a seashore, aiming his signature tank missile at him. However, Ultron states to Tony that "he might have check on Doctor Banner", realizing that the Scarlet Witch had made the Hulk go on a rampage. Iron Man, furious at Ultron, shot his tank missile at him and flew away as Ultron explodes.
Transforming Into the Mark XLIV
When the Hulk went on a rampage, Tony called in Veronica, which was launched from a satellite in orbit and sent towards South Africa. The pod activated, and armor pieces detached and flew towards the Mark XLIII. The Mark XLIII underwent its transformation into the Mark XLIV in mid-air as the armor add-ons attached themeselves on the base armor.
When the transformation was complete, the Mark XLIII now within the Mark XLIV arrived to confront the Hulk who just escaped not moments ago from a specialized Hulk Cage, which also came from Veronica.
From then on the Mark XLIII continued action within the Mark XLIV armor until the end of the chaotic battle.
The Mark XLIII is a playable armor in the game. The armor's first appearance is when Tony and the other Avengers fights off against H.Y.D.R.A from a quest to get Loki's Scepter, like the movie did. (I swear the Mark XLIII was not in Lego Marvel Superheroes, before the movie came out)
- The Mark XLIII is the forty-third armor to be created by Tony Stark.
- It is the 2nd armor after the Mark XLII to be created after the Iron Legion.
- The Mark XLIII is the successor to the Mark XLII, and is the perfected version of the former armor.
- The Mark XLIII appeared in Avengers: Age of Ultron, along with the Mark XLIV, Mark XLV, and the Iron Legion Armor Drones.
- It was initially thought that there would be no Mark XLIII after the film Iron Man 3, but after much speculation and argument over the media, Marvel finally confirmed that the next armor would be the Mark XLIII. Denying all claims that there would be no more armors or that the Mark XLIII would not be created whatsoever.
- The armors color scheme is based off on that of the Mark XLII's design. Instead the armor features more red than gold and some golden areas from the Mark XLII are now colored dark red.
- There are no References to display.
|Iron Man Armors
|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 85:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45 • Mark 46 • Mark 47 • Mark 48 • Mark 49 • Mark 50 • Mark 51-84 • Mark 85
|War Machine Armors
||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor • War Machine Armor Mark III • War Machine Armor Mark IV • War Machine Armor Mark V • War Machine Armor Mark VI • War Machine Armor Mark VII|
||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones • 17A|